Sunday, March 22, 2009

Snacktime

I unpeeled a banana this afternoon.
I noticed it had a little bruise and recalled the long drop it had suffered from my careless hands to the bottom of the grocery cart yesterday. 
I felt guilty. . . and a little sad.
Then I ate it. 

5 comments:

Katie said...

ummmm....well, was it good?! Personally, I cut out a bruise. This seems almost poetic, strange, but poetic. :)

Renee said...

I tell James that the bruises (which we just call "dark parts") are the parts with extra sugar. He's been fine with eating it all -- never a hesitation, going "mmmm, more sugar!"

Jackie said...

The more bruises the better! Then it's time for banana bread :)

Amelia said...

You must have felt guilty to post about it! :) HA! Justin NEVER eats imperfect fruit. If there is a banana with a bruise or an apple with a little knick in it, it's mine. Thanks hon. I'm with Katie. Nice poem!

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

Yay! I'm glad it came across as a poem. It is supposed to sound that way and if any of you want to recite it in a cafe it is best done in a monotone voice. Of course, you're free to interpret it however you feel so inclined. And yes, I really did feel a little guilty and that's what led to my poetic confession. Crazy, huh? Oh, and the bruise tasted just fine. It was just a change in color, not texture. The mushy texture I have a problem with and must make muffins'mediately. (Yes, my friends, that was alliteration.)