We had a hot day at the ballpark yesterday and it made me think of you all who just got snow this past week. So to show a little sister solidarity, (and because I never posted anything from my trip) I thought I'd share some pics of my winter snow experience. Reagan and I got our passports and went up north in January to the great frozen tundra of Edmonton, Canada to visit Aimee-lia and Justin and their little darlings. It was c-c-c-cold there, (somewhere in the minus twenties, I block it out after I hear the minus part) but perfectly cozy in the house and the mall and the aquarium and the yummy place we ate sandwiches, donuts and cocoa.

We really weren't outside much, just to get into the car and back to the house mostly. (Most of the homes there don't have attached garages and some don't have garages at all. . . I don't get it.) Fortunately she and her cousin Zach had a great time playing together inside. Unfortunately, my picture of the two of them is blurry. I bundled Reagan up one afternoon to play in the snow for a little bit, a very little bit. We were maybe out there for ten minutes and then I took her little nose and cheeks back inside before they froze off; I've heard that can happen, though usually it's a different body part being referred to.
Here's Reagan with all her babies. The cousins, Kara and Kate, arrived just before Christmas and the baby dolls came on Christmas. Reagan was very attentive to the babies, especially making sure they had their pacifiers. She knows the joy that comes from one of those. Isn't it funny how the babies and the dolls are each dressed in green and pink? We didn't stage that, really.

Me and the adorable armful. Twice as much to hold and love and change and feed, and since I am the auntie I only got to do the holding and loving and a little bit of the changing. So fun!

Reagan adding a bit of color to the winter white. In about fifteen steps Reagan will make it to the back door on which hangs a plastic bag of full of dirty diapers frozen solid. Who needs a Diaper Genie when you've got the Diaper Abominable Snowman right outside your door. I just got a kick out of that. So glad we went, hope to make it back again sometime . . . during the Summer. :)
5 comments:
Oh so cold!!! Fun pictures. Looks like you had a great time. What a good big sister you are. ;)
Cute pictures! Reagan was so cute all bundled up! Thanks so much for coming. Man, I can't believe how mch the girls have grown since then! Well, I love you big sis! Come again!!!
I wish I could have gone... not for the snow, but for the babies! They are enough to warm your heart! (Not sure what you do with the rest of your body though!)
Sounds like a fun trip to remember in the warmth of your Southern California home.
I didn't even realize that 2 of those were real babies with Reagan at first. How cute. Lexie usually plays with that many baby dolls at once so I just figured they were all dolls.
Are you up for us coming to see you next week? I just wrote Roy about it. He said he'll be gone later in the week -- we'll probably be on our way home by then, I imagine.
That sounds an awful lot like Minnesota winters! We don't stay outside long, we dont have many attached garages when you have any at all and like your sister we also had frozen diapers hanging on our back door, so much cheaper! I'm glad you got to experience what us Northern girls endure for
6+ months a year!!! :)
Post a Comment