Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our Spooky Saturday

We loved having Halloween on a Saturday. It left us plenty of time for all our Halloween fun.
We invited the missionaries over for dinner and this is what we fed them. Footloaf, Jack's guts, bugs and bones bread, fried batwings, and fishbowl water to wash it all down with. Yum, yum. I wonder if they'll ever come back.
Obviously we had all morning to work on our pumpkins. Above is Sydney's Spider-spooked specimen and Reagan's Minnie. (Isn't she talented?)
. . . and Roy's tribute to the Phillies next to Brenna's little spider
and Cameron's traditional Jack-o-lantern (which he actually did carve all by himself) and Maddie's puppy (hint, hint, Mom and Dad).
Of course the night ended with the big candy sort and trade. We have some very generous neighbors. Good stuff, a little fancier than the peppermints, butterscotch discs, tootsie rolls and DumDums of days long, long ago. Even Smarties were curiously underrepresented. I think the FDA is looking into that.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your costumes are so creative! THe kids all look so cute! My girls said "Ew!" to your dinner, so I guess that means you did good. :)

Amelia said...

SO CUTE!! I loved Maddie's puppy! and the dinner is SO creative! oranges into jacko lanterns and ghost potatoes...gross foot though. not going to lie!